Monday 27 February 2012

Thank You for Curious George


Curious George, by H.A. Rey is a current favorite in our bedtime story routine. Little Miss has had me read it to her nearly every night this week. I picked up this particular copy from my local children's charity shop several months ago, but I hadn't noticed the inside inscription until tonight:


"February, 2000
For Curious - Lucas on your first birthday.
Love Aunt Fran & Uncle Marty"

A part of me is a little sad & nostalgic that this book was given away when it was an obvious thoughtful gift for a special little boy. But another part of me is very happy that it made it's way into our home so that Little Miss and I can enjoy it over and over again as a family.

So thank you to Aunt Fran & Uncle Marty (whoever you are) for the gift that keeps on giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment