Wednesday 4 April 2012

Amsterdam...Here We Come!


My mother and sister are both coming from the US next month for a visit here to London (Hooray!) and we've all decided to take a girl's weekend trip to Amsterdam (Hooray! Hooray!). I've planned many trips on my own, but this will be my first with a toddler and without the help of DH so I've been planning like crazy.

I've already checked off a few major things on my to-do list:
1. Book all flights (including sister's flight to London and roundtrip ticket's from LHR to AMS).
2. Find self-serve apartment to rent in Amsterdam close to large park, tram stops and tourist area.
3. Locate places to buy nappies in Amsterdam.
4. Download Play!Amsterdam App (guide to all playgrounds in Amseterdam)

Things I'm working on:
1. Packing list (i.e decide which pram to bring).
2. Create a Google Map with all the places I want to visit.
3. Look up child friendly restaurants, parks, attractions and cool shops.

I've also been checking out other blogs for tips on traveling to Amsterdam with kids: Babychino Kids, Travels with Clara, babygadget, Tot 'n Tow and of course, Design Mom.

* (I highly recommend Everyman Mapguides if you're in the market for a travel guide. Their best feature is the small fold out map included for each major area of your city. The map is comprehensive yet small enough so that you're not labelled a tourist!)

No comments:

Post a Comment