Thursday 7 March 2013

It's been a while + Purl Soho Review

Hi Folks. Yes, I know it's been a very long time since my last post. I think I needed a blog vacation for longer than I thought. I suppose I felt a little burned out after the holidays.

But the real reason for my long hiatus is the very happy fact that we are expecting baby #2 this summer. I've been experiencing a lot of fatigue this second time around so instead of using my spare time to sew or blog, I am trying to rest as much as I can.

I hope to get some, ok, any sewing at all done in the next few months but I'm going to let myself off the hook and just do what I can :)

With that, I'll leave you with a quick review of my trip to Purl Soho when I was in NYC over the holiday. Enjoy!

---

I finally got the chance to visit Purl Soho back in December while I was in NY. I've been drooling over  their blog for ages so I'm glad I got the chance to actually visit the store. Unfortunately, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed. I guess I was expecting to find some new and different fabrics but didn't come across any.

The store was certainly attractive, but I came away empty handed despite spending a good 30 minutes looking for some project inspiration. However, it was exciting to see many of the actual projects featured on the purl bee to touch and admire.

The verdict? Purl Soho is great for fabric/yarn eye candy but I'm still loyal to The City Quilter for fabric.

 Modern holiday display & wall of fabrics

 Pretty quilts on display

Handmade wool felt ornaments

No comments:

Post a Comment